Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9800 Torch

Local Currency

Hi All

I have a new 9800 torch. I live in South Africa and would like to buy apps on App World on my phone in my local currency Rand (ZAR).

Now when I first got the phone App World gave me all the prices in Rand (ZAR). Unfortunately I accidently chose Paypal as a payment method yesterday and now everything is in USD on App World on my phone.

I see on the App World Website I can choose ZAR as a currency but I can't seem to change the currency on my Torch back to ZAR.

I have seen other post on the forum describing how to try and fix this. This is where you un-install App World, take out the battery for 5 min, then re-install. I have tried all of this and it does not want to change back to ZAR. I have even tried to with the sync between the App World web page and the phone. Nothing seems to work.

Please could somoene please send me instructions on how I can change the currency in App World on my phone back to ZAR.

PLEASE. Thanx. 

Highlighted
My Device: BlackBerry 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Local Currency

Hi Slider

I had exactly the same problem as you. Actually I just figured out how to fix it 2 minutes ago. I'm not sure if everything is necessary but this is what I did.

I logged onto the blackberry appstore. http://za.blackberry.com/services/appworld/ 

Changed my currency to ZAR (just as you said you did)

Changed my payment method to a South african credit card.

I also reinstalled appworld on my phone (with battery out for 5 min on reboot). This however didn't seem to have any effect. Everything was still in dollars.

Then finally I bought a paid app. (The one I wanted to buy anyway).

It changed my payment method back to rand and notified my. 

I think it was the change in Payment method to the south african credit card that did the trick. 

Haha.. actually I was pretty impressed with my bank since they phoned 2 minutes after I entered my credit card details and checked that I authorised it.

Hope this helps somebody... I now spotted the date on your posting. Its been more than 6 months.

Owel..