Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800 Smartphone
My Carrier: AT&T

Lock Feature on Blackberry

When I go into my options menu and Password, I see a box for Enable Lock, which is checked.  I am trying to Uncheck this box and it won't work.

Have taken battery out and SIM card several times.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Lock Feature on Blackberry

The only way to uncheck the box is to enter the password. Does the option have a small lock symbol next to it? If so, the device may have an IT policy on it requiring a password.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800 Smartphone

Yes, there is a lock next to the disable lock box.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Please follow the instructions in the KB below to remove the IT policy.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB18998

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!