Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T.
Accepted Solution

Login Name same as BBID Screen Name?

Greetings all!

I am trying to figure out if when I created my login name to this community, I made it unavailable to use as my new BBID screen name....could it be because I created this login name prior to receiving my new device??

I went without a BB for a couple years - my BBID is the same - but my screen name has been changed (several numbers were added to it).

Sorry for what may be an obvious thing....but I would really like to have that screen name (MiaCam) and don't want to use it here on the Forums if it might offend whoever may already have that as their BBID screen name.

Thank you very much for humoring me and for any answers and/or solutions in advance!!

All my best to you,

"MiaCam"

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Login Name same as BBID Screen Name?

My guess is that someone had the screen name already and the BBID creation process just "suggested" a screen name based on the one you wanted. It happens to me all the time when I use "John Clark" as a screen name as there are thousands of John Clarks.

The BBID screen name and screen names on this forum and not tied together.

Hope that helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T.

Re: Login Name same as BBID Screen Name?

Hi John Clark    #497,000Smiley Happy,

Thank you so much for letting me know!  I was pretty sure that they weren't connected and that another person had already chosen MiaCam as their BBID screen name.....was just hoping.  You are probably right about my request for my old screen name, and that the system generated a hyphen and SEVERAL numbers following it!

I am thinking that perhaps no one will mind (or even notice) if I keep my BB Support Login name - so maybe I might just stick with it unless someone objects - since they are not tied together.

You really helped by informing me so quickly - one less detail on my mind, thanks again, I appreciate your time!!!

Marianne Marshall

ps.....at least you got stuck with a great name that happens to be common