Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Login Trouble with Mobile AIM

I am using a Blackberry Curve 8330. Today when I tried to login mobile AOL Instant Messenger I received the following message: "The maximum number of logins has been exceeded." It then tried to reconnect after a delay without success. I tried rebooting the BB. I also uninstalled mobile AIM, rebooted, and reinstalled. No luck with either solution. Does anyone have advice?

Re: Login Trouble with Mobile AIM

i have my storm and i have the same problem with my aim
New Contributor

I started having the same problem you are describing yesterday, January 14, 2009.  Today I called T-Mobile about this problem and they indicated that the problem could possibly be that I am signed on another location and it does not allow this anymore.  I signed off that laptop and I still cannot get on.  When I sign in another name on my phone the aim does work..  Has anyone come up with a solution to this problem.  Please let me know. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

I would like to inform all people having the same problem logging on to aim on their blackberry....i spoke to technical support at t-mobile and they informed me that aim no longer allows u to be signed on in several different locations....or could just be a mobile phone.  If you sign off all locations...sign on your phone....and want to sign in on another computer it will allow you....just not if you are signed on anywhere else.

Hope this helps everyone....it solved my problem

Denise