Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Looking for a flash card application that uses the Leitner method

I have tried gFlash+ but that program doesn't save the items that I know.  It presents all of the cards each time I open the application.  I am looking for something that uses the Leitner method. I have a Blackberry Storm.  I have found a few programs for Palm Pilots and Windows Mobil devices, but nothing for RIM.

quoted from wikipedia: 

A widely used method to efficiently use flashcards was proposed by the German science popularizer Sebastian Leitner in the 1970s. In his method, known as the Leitner system, flashcards are sorted into groups according to how well you know each one in the Leitner's learning box. This is how it works: you try to recall the solution written on a flashcard. If you succeed, you send the card to the next group. But if you fail, you send it back to the first group. Each succeeding group has a longer period of time before you are required to revisit the cards.

Thanks in advance,

Nicole

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Looking for a flash card application that uses the Leitner method

Hmm, that's a neat tool.  I'll keep an eye out and if I find something, I'll let you know.  With any luck, someone else might've already stumbled across something.

What are a couple of examples of programs you've found for Palm and Windows based devices?  In some cases, you can actually send a message to the developer and if they feel that there is demand for such an application and one doesn't already exist, they can create one (just might take them some time as each platform uses different programming methods/requirements).

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

The palm application that I have is CardInHand that I got from www.handango.com

My Device: 8900
My Carrier: orange

I am also looking for this kind of software.

Supermemo is the best one of this kind,but it can be used only in windows mobile and iphone.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: AIS

The Leitner method is for real cards, to physically move them - an app can use a better algorithm, or a variety.

I've written one such flashcard app - BrebsFlash Smiley Happy