Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Looking for, news video app, kinda like VCast TV

So I'm using a Blackberry Storm 9530 with 5.0 software; I visited MSNBC mobile on my cell browser of course and saw an article about the recent quake in Chile; I wanted to view a video of it but alas my phone said "error playing file".  so I'm thinking that perhaps my phone didnt support the format they uploaded?

Any rate I am wondering if there is a compatible Video player that will play News related media.  I know theres VCast TV, or VCast Videos but I would really hate to pay 10 dollars or whatever a month for a product that I wont be using that much. So I am curious if any app exists. I guess I'll pay 10 dollars for a lifetime use of an app but not 10 dollars a month.  I mainly want to be able to watch news media when I want at my convenience and my have my media player play it without giving me any errors such as "unable to play media file"

Any ideas?  Thanks

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Looking for, news video app, kinda like VCast TV

you can try the two free browsers :

• OperaMini
  • BOLT Browser

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: