Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Loose slider = issues with touch keypad

I looked through the posts with loose slider and didn't find any references to this, so mods, please move my post if it should be under another one (new to the forums!)

I have been having issues bringing up my touch keypad (I LOVE it and could do without the slider keypad frankly) and after many reboots, clean installs etc I have finally figured out that my loose slider is the cause. 

I try to activate the slider as I would normally, but only when I gently squeeze the 2 pieces of the phone together does it pop up on my screen. 

Does anyone know of a fix for this? Or, even better, when a nice slim touch Blackberry with NO SLIDER might be coming out ? Smiley Happy

cheers- jane

follow me on Twitter
@see_jane_Sell
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Loose slider = issues with touch keypad

Hi Jane,

How long have you had the device?  If this is indeed, a hardware issue, you are entitled to exchange the device for a replacement.

If you're within the first 30 days, you can exchange the device for a new one.  Outside of 30 days, you'll need to call your service provider and have them do a warranty exchange.  That route, unfortunately, means you'll end up with a refurbished device (at least on AT&T), which is a pet peeve of mine, but at least this will probably resolve your issue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Loose slider = issues with touch keypad

Thank you for your reply- I did end up replacing the device. Funny, as I hardly ever use the slider keyboard, I love the touchscreen. 

Now I just have to wait for the nice slim Blackberry model with a big touchscreen and NO slider Smiley Wink

follow me on Twitter
@see_jane_Sell