Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Lose internet connection outside of my primary service area

When I travel outside of my primary area I can get phone calls but unable to get internet services. It switches from EDGE to GSM and will not provide internet even if I am in a large city like New Orleans. What can I do to fix my problem.

Dave

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Lose internet connection outside of my primary service area

Who is your carrier and what device are you using?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

I have a Blackberry Curve 8310 and my carrier is Centennial Wireless.
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Once you noticed that you lost the data connection, did you try resetting the device by removing the battery for a minute?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

I don't believe that I ever left it out a minute. Usually only ten to fifteen seconds.
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

If you go into Options | Network (or Mobile Network), do you have a Data Services field? If so, make sure it's set to On, and not Off When Roaming. 

Actually the next time it happens try reregistering your device on the wireless network. Go into Options | Advanced Options | Host Routing table. Select the bold entry, hit the menu button and choose Register Now.

Then reset the device by taking out the battery for 1 minute and replace it. Afterwards the device will reboot in around 1-3 minutes.

See if the signal comes back

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.