Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

Lose of contacts

I've just backed up my new blackberry bold 9900 as I was having problems logining in with my blackberry ID. I backed my phone up to the desktop software then wiped my phone. Now I've restored the data to my phone all my contacts have vanished. I've tried restoring my phone to about 10 differenent versions I'd backed up but none of them restores my contacts. I've also tried restoring my phone using blackberry protect from a backup I made a few weeks ago but that fails to reinstall my contacts to. Can anyone help? you'd think if one option failed the other would work, so could it be my handsett settings?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Lose of contacts

Hi emmaljonesbz

When you performed the restore, did you receive any errors?  Did all of your other information return to your device?

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi,

I have a similar problem. Company asked to make a backup and then wipe the phone and later restore everything.

I did even two backups, one a day before and one directly before the wipe.

However when I restored I was wondering why I do not have my usual format. Checked the contact list and it was empty. Restored again and nothing. Then I decided to choose what should be restored and what not. And I was surprised that many things were in light grey and saying its protected data. It was also including the contact list lol.

However now the funny part starts. I click on all items which are possible to restore and suddenly I have contacts in my list but these contact are very old and the latest ones are not there.

Best example is a company mobile phone number which was used by an employee called Dativa. When she left the mobile was handed over to a new colleague called Lutz. Consequesntly I changed the details for the number 3 years ago!!! But after the restore the number is again saved under the name Dativa.

Maybe someone can explain what happened.

Best regards,

Christian

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

I've now got my contacts back. Not sure how but I had it set up that any contacts in my email address book were wirelessly synched. Have now changed the settings and blackberry protect has allowed me to restore my contacts.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Airtel

unfortunately it is not working in my case. Maybe someone from the support can help me.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: LIME

What settings did you change?