Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: Orange dominicana

Losing bis service connection

Hi everyone, a few days ago i went to my local orange shop to activate blackberry data service on my att bold 9000, everything was ok until i notice that i was losing my service,, i've had to pull out my battery almos every 20 minutes or les so the internet service can work.. the company told me that my problem ws my phone, i bought a bold 9700 from the same company and the same is happening.. If i put my mobile network 3g and 2g it will stay on 3g but without the blackberry logo next to the 3g icon wich mean no service.. i f i put it on 2g only it will stay only showing gsm.. I changed my sim, and i've tried everything from pulling out the battery to registering host router tables, this is so frustrating, I NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE,

NOTE: my friend has the same service in the company and it works perfect

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Losing bis service connection

Hi there!

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB):

1) Register HRT

• Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > blackberry_logo.jpg (it does not matter which line is current) > Register Now

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

I have a similar problem: in WiFi mode, BIS and BES services work.

When I get out of the office and on 3G network, though, I am losing BIS and BES connections

Also strange is that in 2G only mode, I get edge (lower case) instead of EDGE and no data connection.

Tried everything metioned here so far, plus getting a new SIM card, and even swapping for a new phone, but it works for a while, and after I lose my BB services! (Hence no emails,...) Very frustrating.

ATT technical support seems to say there is a known issue. Any idea what, is there is a work around, and when it is going to be fixed?

My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: vodacom

Hi there

I am having the very same problem but with a different operating system please help me my bis has a mind of its own and in my options I don't have advance options so if there is a solution out there it would be much appreciated if you could advise me 

thank you very much