Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve - 8520
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Lost 8520

Hi,

I need an immediate help.

I lost my Blackberry Curve 8520. It was stolen 3 days ago. I'm really concern about identity theft because all my personal files, data, information are in that phone and my personal and business emails are integrated in that phone too. I really need help to wipe out and/or delete all the data remotely. I've already tried to ask for an assistance from my network provider as well as with our local government, they're hopeless. I've also tried the blackberry protect site, but it seems like my phone is not associated or linked with it. What i have on my end is my phone's IMEI no. and the PIN. Is there any way you guys can help me with this using the details i have. I need to get this done as soon as possible.

Your Immediate response would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Apple

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Lost 8520

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

This KB contains the best information for your situation:

Unfortunately, given what you report, you may not have any means to do anything now. Rather, it now depends on the device-lock password that you assigned to protect the priceless data on your BB (the device is a commodity, IMHO). If you did not avail yourself of the security features of your BB (e.g., the device lock password), then you now are in the sad situation of needing to notify all of your contacts that the information you have on them is compromised.

In the meantime, please be sure to change every password that was integrated with your BB -- e.g., you should change your email server password, and that way the device will no longer be able to access that email account. Likewise other accounts (Twitter, FaceBook, LinkedIn, FourSquare, etc. etc. etc.)...every account that you had integrated to the BB is, if you did not have a device lock password, compromised until you change the passwords at those services and accounts.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................