Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9790
My Carrier: Movistar

Lost BB ID, wrong email

Hi,

My father has a problem with his BB. He forgot the password to log in into App World and when he tried to recover the password via e mail, he realised that he type his e-mail wrong when he registered (he types .com instead of .es)

So, how can I reset his email adress or get his Password again? Thank you very much.

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Lost BB ID, wrong email

Hi Ocus

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

BlackBerry ID is a master key to BlackBerry products, sites, services and applications, including BlackBerry Protect, BlackBerry World storefront and BlackBerry Messenger . There are many ways to reset our BBID Username as well as password but ..If the Email that you used to create your BlackBerry ID is Invalid then you don't have much choices .

All you can do is first do a Backup of your device , for help refer to this Article How To Backup Your BlackBerry . Once it is done you have to create a new BlackBerry ID with a vaild email . also while creating a BlaclBerry ID , please note, use an email address which you can access from a Desktop or PC browser , So that if we need to reset the password we can access it .

Please refer to this KB to resolve your issue :

KB26694 : How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.