Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Lost Contacts

I have downloaded the new desktop software and attempted to sync with my Bold 9000. I am on a mac book and have operating system 10.6.1. When I did the first sync it wiped the contacts from my Bold and now when I try and sync the contacts I get this message

Persistent store migration failed, missing source managed object model.

The I just get a sync failed try again message.

It works with itunes but not contacts or ical

Help! 

New Contributor

Re: Lost Contacts

same problem, same scenario here.  my phone is blank and useless.  help!
Visitor

me too. i downloaded blackberry desktop manager for mac, then i sync without backup my contacts data first.

im in big big big trouble now. somebody help us plsss... Smiley Sad(

Regular Contributor

Same with me. It only kept one contact and duplicated it 6 times. Can't erase any of the 6. Can't sync my other contacts. 
New Contributor

I now have it working :-)

I uninstalled BB desk top manager - literallly every file on the Mac with Blackberry in it. I even typed Blackberry into the finder to make sure I had all the files. I then did a battery pull on my Bold, reinstalled desktop manager on my mac and my contacts are back :-)

I will not be plugging my Bold in again until a new version of the software is released and all of the teething problems have gone.

Good luck 

[ Edited ]
Yup... same with me.  I tried to sync w/o first backing up my mac Address Book.  Now all of my contacts have been erased from the address book but, strangely, they still appear on the BB 9630 (Verizon).  Moreover, I have uninstalled/reinstalled the DeskSof for Mac and removed the battery, etc. from the BB and when I then try to sync, I simply get "Persistent store migration failed, missing source managed object model."  So, now I have contacts on BB that are evidently unrecognized by the BB DeskSof for Mac, an Address Book that is totally empty and won't import the contacts from the BB and a calendar that is totally empty on the BB and yet full on the Mac iCal.  Will somebody please explain to me what the heck is going on and, more important, how I can fix this nightmare???????
Message Edited by huggybear on 10-03-2009 05:57 PM
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Fortunately, I "did" back mine up first.

One good back-up application is "Google Sync." You can do a search on it using "google sync blackberry." It's an app which syncs your contact information with an existing Google e-mail account.

Anyway, I couldn't sync from Google Sync either after synching with Desktop Manager. It completely trashed my ability to sync contacts. So, I wiped my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled DTM, tried to sync again, and was able to. One problem was it doubled about 50% of my contacts. So, I had to go through one at a time to erase some of them. On top of that, some of them are not erasable. That seems to be a problem with any number of Blackberry models and OS's syncing with Macs (using any number of syncing platforms).

To make a long story short, wiping the phone made me be able to sync my contacts again, but there are some contacts on the phone I simply cannot erase. 

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Hey everyone, 

Hopefully this will help some of you out. 

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/ KB19621

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contacts do not display in address book on blackberry, but are there for recognition on incoming calls.

Each address book group displays empty and searches from phone record are blank as if there is no record.

But if you highlight and click on record, it is there.

Phone worthless unless you remember number or caller was recent. 

A not so smart smartphone. 

Have tried everything including loading desktop address book to phone... nothing 

Thanks.  Completed Option 1 and it worked like a charm!!!