Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8310

Lost Messages

It seems I have accidentally erased all my msgs & call logs from my phone (other than the saved msgs). I tried to restore the last backup from the desktop, & I got an error msg saying that the desktop did not recognize the data.

Is there any way to recover my msgs @ all? It's not urgent, but it would be nice to not be starting over from scratch again.

Thanks

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Lost Messages

So you went into Backup and Restore | Backup? How about trying to go into Backup and Restore | Advanced. Highlight the Messages database on the left hand side and then hit the right arrow to move them to the right hand side. If you don't see your backup files on the left side go into File | Open and then browse to your backup file, then try the above steps.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Contributor

If I remember correctly there wasn't anything on the left side to drag to the right...everything that is usually there, was.

Ah well...

Also look like I shouldn't have upgraded the OS yet, geez

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

I put in how to open the backup file to fill up the laft side of that screen. You tried that the left side still wasn't populated?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Highlighted
Contributor

I'll try later tonight when I get home. Thanks for the help