Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Lost Pictures While Moving them from internal memory to SD card.

I have a blackberry Pearl.  I was on a camping trip recently and my camera told me that it could not save.  So I figured out how to get it to save to the SD card and was able to take more pictures.  On the way home I was using the "move" command to store all my camping pictures on the card in a new folder.  I moved several pictures into a folders called "Capers".  Upon moving the 5th such picture it was taking a long time so I set the phone down for a while and when I picked the phone back up there was some error?  And the thing wanted to reboot.  When It did I had no pictures on my SD card.  When I hooked it up to a PC the pictures folder was empty. 

I ran some partition recovery software on the SD card and was able to retrieve 4 photos and two partials.  There was no "capers" folder at all.  I want to know what the ___ happened to my pictures and why!!

It is possible that they are somehow lost on the internal memory (along with the missing "capers" folder).  If I could access that memory perhaps my picture recovery software could find them.  But, how does one do that?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Lost Pictures While Moving them from internal memory to SD card.

what was the location of that capers folder ?
I have never heard of such a folder.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

The Capers Folder was one I created, It was the where we had been camping.  I created it to organize my photos. I thought that I created it on the SD card, but was surprised that the recovery software didn't find it.  So it as at least possible that I was on the internal memory.

I have had this phone for about 6 weeks and this weekend was the first time I was messing around with it.  It is a Pearl 8130.

I also don't understand why It would transfer 4 photos fine but since it was the 5th one that it messed up on, what became of the first 4?  Shouldn't there be somewhere intact?

Guru I

how did you create that folder ?
you should browse both internal memory and card memory to find that folder.

home screen >> media application >> hot menu key >> Explore

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

I was in the picture thumbnail screen, presses the menu button>>New folder I named it "Capers".  It then, before the incident, showed up under the "camera"

Yes I have done all the exploring in both the device and the media card.

I wish the Desktop Manager would be more helpful.  I shows me the same things that I can see with the phone.  I can access the Device memory, so it seems at least possible some recovery software could also.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I meant The DM can access the memory (Not me)

Is there a trash file or a recycle bin?

Guru I

Coatriani wrote:

I meant The DM can access the memory (Not me)

Is there a trash file or a recycle bin?

Not on the internal memory.