10-04-2013 12:28 PM
Had a few problems with my BB delaying receiving emails for several hours at a time. After various attempts to fix, updated software completely (having run backup first).
All seemed to update fine and so far emails are coming again.
Problem - I now have the existing list of ringtones, but only the one set for the phone ring actually works!
The email/SMS etc show the chosen tone, but it doesnt play.
All help gratefully received.
10-07-2013 08:46 AM
Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.
Try resetting the Sounds/Profiles database to default and test, you can do this by clearing the database:
To clear individual databases from the BlackBerry smartphone, complete the following steps:
BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0 to 7.1
1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
2. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
3. Click the Device menu and select Delete data.
4. Select the appropriate option to perform: Selected data - clears only data from selected database.
5. Back up data before deleting - will backup selected data before deleting.
Let me me know if you have any questions.
10-08-2013 04:23 AM
Thanks for trying to help.
I carried out the task you told me, but it has not resolved the problem.
Having deleted these, I tried reinstalling them from the back up, but this did not work.
Currently, I can only select from 5 'tunes' (Entertainer) which play for ages. All I want is a couple of short alerts that I can put to emails and texts.
Is there somewhere that I go to download these?