Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: Telstra

Lost all my contacts

Hi Guys,

I have just had to give up my BB Torch 9800 in prep for my new BB and have accidently lost all my contacts.

I downloaded the BB Desktop software and performed a backup. I also copied all the files from the BB directly to my pc. To cut a long story short, in trying to get Desktop Manager to recognise all my contacts (2 'Desktop' contact list were showing) I deleted my Addressbook-All which removed all my contacts from both address books. Unfortnately when I went to restore from my backup only the contacts  in one of the 'Desktop' contact list were retrieved.

Is there anyway to retrieve all my lost contacts? As I mentioned earlier I copied the entire contents (blackberry and user folders) of the BB to my HD.

Thank you

My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: Telstra

Re: Lost all my contacts

Sorry, I forgot to add that I no longer am conected to a mobile network for this phone.

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Lost all my contacts

Hello reconomi81

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you're upgrading to another BlackBerry device then the most easiest way to transfer everything is Switch Device Wizard using Desktop Software :

KB23677 : How to Switch devices using BlackBerry Desktop Software

And if you already did a backup of your device using Desktop Software then you can try this KB :

KB10339How to use BlackBerry Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone from a backup file

Or connect your device and run Desktop Software > Choose Restore > Selected data > Scroll down are you able to view your two Address Books on that list ?

Also refer to this KB regarding Duplicate Contact list :

KB19704 : Multiple Address Book contact lists are created on a BlackBerry smartphone causing issues with synchronization.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.