Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold
Accepted Solution

Lost email icon

Hi, can anybody help me please?  I have three email accounts on my phone and up to two days ago I had four email icons, one for each email account and a general icon into which emails went as well as the individual accounts.

For some reason I have lost one of the icons and though I continue to get emails to that account they only show under the 'general'  or All icon. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the account but that doesn't work and following the advice given to others on this forum who have lost icons doesn't work either.

Thanks in anticipation.

Taid

Old man
Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Lost email icon

1. On your homescreen, press the Menu key > SHOW ALL, so that SHOW ALL is checked.
2. Look in EACH folder on your device... Applications, Instant Messengers, Downloads, etc.
If you still don't see it, look at Options > Advanced > Applications. Do you see it listed there?

Now, if you still don't see it, on your Bold, open the general email icon > Menu Key > Options or Settings and find the setting which turns off email to the general account, and see if that is enabled for the lost email icon.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

JSanders wrote:

1. On your homescreen, press the Menu key > SHOW ALL, so that SHOW ALL is checked.
2. Look in EACH folder on your device... Applications, Instant Messengers, Downloads, etc.
If you still don't see it, look at Options > Advanced > Applications. Do you see it listed there?

Now, if you still don't see it, on your Bold, open the general email icon > Menu Key > Options or Settings and find the setting which turns off email to the general account, and see if that is enabled for the lost email icon.

Thanks very much, your advise was spot on. I don't know how it had happened, but the icon was hiding away in the Instant Messaging folder.  All is now back to normal.

Old man
Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Great, Happy New Year.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

JSanders wrote:

Great, Happy New Year.

Thanks, and you.