Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: TIM Italy
Accepted Solution

Lost mails from my BB Curve 9300

Hello, it is already 3 or 4 times that I loose all my mails prior to a week! That means that I usually have all my mails of the last 3 months (as I set it to keep them for 90 days) but suddenly, from one minute to the next I can only see those of the last few days.
If I make a search, on remote, for a Subject or Email address, I can see all of them and can add them to the device as I still have them in my PC which runs Outlook and to which my BB is synchronized. However after a couple of week they all desappear again.
Could it be due to a lack of memory of my Device and how can I remedy? Thank you very much for the help.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Lost mails from my BB Curve 9300

Hello,

It could perhaps be due to lack of memory...the device will indeed remove things if memory gets low, including older messages. But, you say you can do a remote search...which tells me that you may be on BES. As such, you should first seek support from your BES admins.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: TIM Italy

Thank you for your Kind answer.
I did search for support from my Bes Admin but they don't have a clue about it; they just have no solution and I am stuck abroad with no mail and all my customers are seeking for answers from me that I donakt know how to answer cause I lost all theyr mails.........
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Well, while traveling, it is notoriously challenging to investigate and resolve problems with a mobile device. Typically, all attempts at resolving need the device on it's home carrier network, and with access to the BES admins to do their things. I actually recommend you do nothing while traveling...the things that could be done could actually cause more harm.

Fortunately, as you say, you've not really lost anything...you said up front that the items remain on your PC in Outlook available to you. So that's a good thing.

Your BES admins really are the only ones who can look into this. If they need help, there is a separate section of this site from which they can ask advice from other BES admins.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................