Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: bold 9790
My Carrier: vodafone

Lost multimedia files after security wipe (Bold 9790 )

After doing the security wipe for contacts and emails all the multimedia files has been disappeared from the mobile set Smiley Sad
I have tried several data recovery sofetwares but unfortunately it doesn't work at all

I wonder if anyone have a solution for this problem

Regards

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Lost multimedia files after security wipe (Bold 9790 )

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Refer:

• KB16307 Actions performed by the BlackBerry smartphone during the removal of stored user and application data

A Security Wipe affects much more than just contacts and emails, as you have sadly discovered (in the most painful way).

If the files you need were on an SD card, there may be recovery apps that can retrieve it...you would remove the media card from the BB and attempt the recovery on a computer though. There are many discussed on this site as well as available if you search (e.g., via Google), but I don't recall the names of any. I don't think that they can work on Device Memory though, so if your files were stored there, they are indeed gone.

Typically, once deleted from a BB, gone for good without retrieval capability. Hence, a good backup regimen, which includes manually copying the entire contents of both Device and Media Card memory, is what I always recommend.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................