Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Tourch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Lost music and ring tones-Torch 9800

Lost ring tones,  all music lost with in a couple of days. Phone said media card needs repairs and tries to repair it, but cannot. Does this continuously. I changed the sim card and it does the same thing. All my ring tones are gone, and so is all my music. All my phone numbers are still on the phone. Don't know what to do. I would greatly appreciate any advice. My son is a great help when it comes to electronics, but could not fix this problem.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Lost music and ring tones-Torch 9800

you can try this, but I can't guarantee it will work.  it sounds like your sd card needs to be replaced.

Download and install recurva on your computer.  Its free.

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Connect the blackberry to the computer and enable mass storage mode if needed.  Use recurva to scan the card and try to recover the files.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB11879&sliceId=1&cmd=displayKC&d...

Sorry I have not replied, work have been moving to new location. I am going to give this a try this weekend. I appreciate your suggestion so much. I will let you know what happens. Smiley Happy  

New Contributor

Wolf359,
Downloaded website, tried to restore, it did not work. Looks like I will have to get new SD card. Thank you any way. Was worth a try. Thank you for you time. Again, very much appreciated. Smiley Happy

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Ok thanks for the update!
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

I had this same problem.  Try taking out your memory card and using an adapter to see what it shows on your computer.  Your music may actually still be on the card even though your phone says they aren't.  You should be able to pull up your card and view its content using Windows Explorer.  If you find that they are still there, copy them to your computer, so you will have an extra copy.    I reformated my cardseveral times and then recopied my files.  This would work for a while, but then it would happen again.  I had the same problem with the phone wanting to constantly fix my card.  I finally bought a new 16gig card and transferred all my files.  I have NOT had the problem any more.  The one nice thing is that you can buy a new media card a lot cheaper nowadays.  Hope this helps you.