Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8320 curve
My Carrier: Airtel

Lost my phone

Dear Sir,

I have lost my blackberry phone. I want to know how I can retrive my old contact and other inormation which I had. I regularly synched verything on to my laptop. So want to know how to retrive files and information from my laptop.

Thanks

Partha

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Lost my phone

From your backup made to your laptop, using the BlackBerry Desktop Software?

There are a couple of options for extracting and viewing data from a the backup files.

1. The IPD Parse macro is designed to read a Blackberry IPD file and create reports in MSWord or MSExcel. It is free, and you can find out more here: https://sites.google.com/site/ipdparse/home
For .bbb backup files, use this macro to extract seven "primary" IPD files (Address Book, Calendar, SMS Messages, Tasks, Memos, PIN Messages and Phone Call Logs)
IPD bbb Extract macro https://sites.google.com/site/ipdbbbextract
These IPD files can subsequently be used as inputs to the other macro, IPD Parse, to produce reports.

2. Another options is MagicBerry from MenaStep... which extract from a backup IPD or BBB file, split IPD files, etc. http://menastep.com/pages/magicberry.php

3. Another IPD and BBB file utility is BlackBerry Backup Extractor, and is available for PC and Mac, and can be found here: http://www.blackberryconverter.com/ There is a free and paid version.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Hi,   Actually Iam not sure if most of the information is...

Hi,

Actually Iam not sure if most of the information is stored on my SIM or the device. Because when I saw the file it had only 5 contacts that too which were very old. I have more than 250 contacts on my phone now it seems most are lost. So obviously if it is on SIM I guess I would have lost data.

Thanks

Partha

Re: Hi, Actually Iam not sure if most of the information is...

Yes, SIM card data is not backed up... that's unfortunate if you lost all that.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thanks for the confirmation. Infact it would be better if they have that facility to backup SIM data as it is very vital. I have loads of Info on SIM and usually most of the data in India is stored on SIM.

Thanks

Partha

padyala wrote:

Thanks for the confirmation. Infact it would be better if they have that facility to backup SIM data as it is very vital. I have loads of Info on SIM and usually most of the data in India is stored on SIM.

Oh, the BlackBerry does have that facility or feature... you just have to do it BEFORE the loss...

How to Import contacts from the SIM card to the BlackBerry smartphone contacts list

Then, you have a backup in your device memory in which BlackBerry Protect or a manual backup to the PC covers.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

That was really some very useful information and also a good feature. Wish I had known this before I lost the phone.

But will take care next time. Hope fully this feature is also ther ein other cell phones. 

Can we track the phone with the IMEI number? 

Thanks

Partha