Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-mobile

Lost of Network connection and restart

Hi everyone,

I recently bought Blackberry Curve 8520. I am on PAYG with T-mobile but have got internet access on the phone. The problem is if the phone looses network it does not connect to internet once the network is back. The only way I can make it work again is to remove the battery and re-insert it. I have tried to switch off the phone but it does not work. Is there any other way to re-start the phone or is there any other way which I can use to re-establish the use of internet after loss of network.

There is one other problem which is related to sync the phone with Mac. I am using Blackberry Desktop Manager to sync the contacts and calendar and it keeps giving me error "there was error in sync try again". Can some one help me to solve the problem.

Thanks

Mihir

Solutions: 6,396
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Lost of Network connection and restart

Go to your Manage Connections icon > Mobile Network and unselect the Mobile Network to kill it, and then after it says OFF, reconnect. That could work.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: curve 8330
My Carrier: platinumTel

Re: Lost of Network connection and restart

Same problem with blackberry 9360 running 7.1.0.912 on Platinumtel (using T-mobile network).

Pay as you go, No BIS plan. Apps can't see the network, even though there is a clear wifi connection

and or 3G/edge. This only happens when the phone goes into a no service area and then

returns to an area with service.

Wierdly, the  default browser always works fine. 

disabling and re-enabling network services does not fix the issue.

Full reboot (alt-shift-del) always fixes the problem.

Maybe related to the APN. When I changed the APN host the problem

decreased in frequency, but did not entire go away.