Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Lost or Stolen BlackBerry -- What to do?

Irene, sorry, no. Protect would have done that.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Postemobile

thank yoi for the quick answer

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: 085296843113

[ Edited ]

Hi, I got same problem i think,

can anyone help me track my Blackberry?
9900 Bold Dakota Black
<Personal Content Removed>
model : RBE41GW
Made in Mexico

can anyone please help me,please if can :'(

Removed personal information to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.

darkasd, please read the first post in this thread. Sorry for your loss.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: Swisscom

[ Edited ]

Precision about Smrtguard + infos about (NetQuin and) others antiviruses

Hi JSanders,

I made a like-click on your first post.

Thought, Smrtgard works for BlackBerry OS 6, not OS 7, if I am not mistaking myself.

For OS 7, next to Protect (already installed normally), there is NetQuin, which has also an anti-virus function with progression bar and percentage.

I think it is better for me to post here than to make repetition on other topics (I was redirected about a solution I madeSmiley Wink, and I take the train to tell about security and some other anti-viruses:

if ones would like an antivirus internationnaly reputed, there is McAfee, but they are always a train too late, regarding the OS. On their site, they tell that we can find them on BlackBerry App World. I searched them on OS 10 BlackBerry World, but did not find.

The same processus occurs for F-Secure or Karspersky: they don't make mobile BlackBerry antiviruses anymore (they cannot follow the OS upgrades).

It is sad, because F-Secure is on the front, about mobile security reports they do.

Now, in OS 10, I mention that BlackBerry Portect is already installed, and for antiviruses, I found "Max Mobile Security" which - in consequence - has only antivirus function.

Good day.

Oppenheimer wrote:

Precision about Smrtguard + infos about (NetQuin and) others antiviruses

I take the train to tell about security and some other anti-viruses:

if ones would like an antivirus internationnaly reputed, there is McAfee, but they are always a train too late, regarding the OS. On their site, they tell that we can find them on BlackBerry App World. I searched them on OS 10 BlackBerry World, but did not find.

The same processus occurs for F-Secure or Karspersky: they don't make mobile BlackBerry antiviruses anymore (they cannot follow the OS upgrades).

It is sad, because F-Secure is on the front, about mobile security reports they do.

Now, in OS 10, I mention that BlackBerry Portect is already installed, and for antiviruses, I found "Max Mobile Security" which - in consequence - has only antivirus function.

There is absolutely NO need for an anti-virus software on any BlackBerry, OS4, 5, 6, 7, or BB10. No need.

It's a waste of good money.

There has yet to be a BlackBerry infected by any virus.

Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodacom

''You can also send a "please return me" message to the screen of the BlackBerry, or offer a reward if found.''

how do i do this?

840612Natasha wrote:

''You can also send a "please return me" message to the screen of the BlackBerry, or offer a reward if found.''

how do i do this?

840612Natasha, when you login to your Protect account on the PC (see the instructions above), you will select the options to send the device a message.

Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telkomsel

In my situation, I had the bold 9900, which was back regularly, I can see that online. However, my question deals with restoring or retrieving that data. I lost my bold then immediately bought the new Q10. Using my same bb ID was able to get my bb contacts, but still need a lot of data from old phone/backup. When I went to blackberry here in Indonesia, they were hardly helpful, and their store was in a bad spot for Internet connection. After they told me cannot, I saw suddenly the bold 9900 come up as a option to restore, so they clicked it however to restore onto my Q10 however because of the poor Internet connection, didn't complete. And now when I go to blackberry protect it doesn't give me the option anymore for the bold 9900 to restore onto my Q10. I can still see the data online is there. But I desperately want to get that data! Without having to buy another Q10 and attempting that again, how do I receive that data?

I do believe the Protect to Q10 is a one-time restore.

If you could put a BBOS v7 device like another 9900 on your account temporarily, retrieve ALL of the data to the new 9900 and then BACKUP to a PC, you could then restore the backup file from the PC to the Q10.

yea, I know that's convoluted, but it'll work.

Knowledge Base Updates