Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: Cell C
Accepted Solution

Lost

Hi this morning all of a sudden my bb, just had some error i could not do anythin, then when i had to put my pin in again, all my contacts,emails ect was gone, it was as if it was a brand new phone. 

What would be the reason for this. As i have lost a lot of contacts now, bb protect only updated till a specific date

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Lost

Hi Catrienkie

Can you explain what error actually occur and also is the pin or the device password you entered.Because I see no reason for deleting your all data except if you enter 10 incorrect password in your device that you had set .Entering incorrect password will initiate a device wipe which will erase all data within the device.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: Cell C

It did not have an error code on it. And the password is for my simcard.

It just said error and it had the hour glass going around and around, when i checked again it asked for my simcard pin, punched it in.

Then all info bbm contacts ect gone.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi Catrienkie

Do you have Memory card installed in your device, Regarding BBM contacts you can try this Open BBM - Press the Menu key -  click Options - Scroll to Backup Managment  then click Restore then see if BBM contacts restores.

Prince