Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Lotus Notes calendar problem - invitee addresses truncated when syncronized to BB

Greetings,

I'm a new user to the forum.  I did perform a search for this problem but did not find relevant messages.

I have a Blackberry 8330 and use Lotus Notes 7.0x for my calendar.  I sync my calendar via the BB desktop software with a local replica of my Lotus Notes mail file.  For some reason, the BB truncates the invitee names on my Lotus Notes calendar entries.  For example:

•  
    • I create a meeting entry in Lotus Notes
    • I invite "John Doe/Toronto/Org" (less quotes)
    • I sync with my BB
    • John Doe accepts my meeting invitation 
    • At a late time, I sync again
    • The BB will update the calendar entry in Notes as follows:
      • User name in Notes will be updated to read "Doe/Toronto/Org"
      • On BB I will see that user "John" has accepted my invite

Unfortunately, this has the effect of corrupting my meeting entry as John Doe will no longer receive updates.

Anyone else encounter this situation?  Any help is appreciated

Cheese

New Contributor

Re: Lotus Notes calendar problem - invitee addresses truncated when syncronized to BB

Update:  Not fixed, but better than nothing.

Until I find a fix, I've disabled syncronization of addresses between the blackberry and lotus notes. 

This has the benefit of allowing both calendars to have all calendar entries .... however,it means updates to calendar entries must be made on the device where they were created.  That is, entries created on the BB can be updated on the BB and calendar entries created on Lotus Notes can be updated there.

Sigh ... let me know if anyone else is having such a problem.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Lotus Notes calendar problem - invitee addresses truncated when syncronized to BB

Hi and welcome to the forums!

This is the best I could find in the Knowledgebase, it's a troubleshooting guide for DM and Lotus notes.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=TA00164&sliceId=&dialog...

Please go to the support tab on top and try searching for more info.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Thanks for the documentation ... unfortunately, no hits there.  I've searched the Support pages too and have as yet been unable to find relevant info.  If you are able to find anything, I'd greatly appreciate the help.  

Thanks,

Cheese