Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Low Battery indicator issue

When my battery became low on my blackberry 8330, the amber LED began to blink, indicating the battery needs to be charged.  I turned off the device but didn't charge it.  When I turned the device on several hours later, the amber LED blinked only for a few moments then stopped, but the battery indicator on the screen still stated that the battery was low.  I turned the device off then back on again, and the same thing happened, the amber LED flashed only for a moment then stopped.  I then got a message on the e-mail the device is linked to, causing the red LED to flash, but when the red LED started flashing, the amber one started flashing too.  I've seen several messages about the inconsistancy of the LED indicators, but haven't heard anything about the battery indicator.  Anyone know what the issue is or how to resolve it?
Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: Low Battery indicator issue

When you plug the charger in, do you see the plug icon next to the battery status bar?  If you do no see this plug icon, your charging port may be faulty.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
New Contributor

Yes, it seems to charge just fine.  The charge icon displays when the unit is charging.  The problem I am having with it is that the flashing amber light that indicates the battery is low behaves very inconsistantly.  Sometimes it will flash and other times it won't, even though at all times the battery indicator on the screen tells me the battery is low.
Super Contributor

How old is your device?

New Contributor

My device was purchased about 1 week ago.
Super Contributor

Try a reset by pulling the battery leave it out for 30 sec and then re-install it.  If this does not correct your problem, I would go to the store where you bought it and ask to try another battery to see if this corrects the problem.  If not, swap the device out for a new one.  you get a one year mfg warranty aganist defects of this type.