Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Low phone volume on new 4.5 OS for 8120

Hello.. I have an 8120 which was upgraded to the new 4.5 OS (version 4.5.0.124, platform 2.7.0.92)  Everything works fine except the the phone reception (more noise and interferance) and the volume (the highest setting is not as high as the old OS) is worse than the previous 4.0 OS.  has anyone had the same problems or can they point me to a solution.

Thanks

Ratu

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Low phone volume on new 4.5 OS for 8120

I didn't faced such senario with OS 4.5. I've updates a number of devices with 4.5.

Use other verdors device with the same SIM card in same place amd check the behavior.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Low phone volume on new 4.5 OS for 8120

Hi...I've gone back to the T-Mobile version 4.3.0.115 which actually works much better.  The problems with the 4.5 version that I've found include.

1.  Poor reception quality (scratchy and strange clicks, and lower reception signal strength with more dropped calls in low coverage areas.  Ive been able to replicate these issues on 2 different Blackberries running the same 4.5 software.

2.  Low volume on phone (low volume on the handset when talking to people or the volume doesn't go as high as the T-mobile firmware version.

3.  Calendar sync problems with both Google Calendar sync and Funambol services. (Both of these providers have verified these problems and have publically notified these issues to users.  Funambol suspects an API issue and as of 15-02-2009 have not managed to resolve this issue)

Conclusion....4.5 does seem to have some nice features built in (better media player, html email reader) and enhancements, however given the issues that I've found I would stay away from the 4.5 version until the above issues (there may be other issues that people will find) are resolved.

Thanks