Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: eplus.de

MAC Desktop Software not connecting

[ Edited ]

Okay, here is the problem...apart from the missing Languages:

1. When I connect the 9800 to my MAC utilizing the BB Desktop Software. If  I click Applications, the only things that come up are  third party Apps that I have downloaded, AccuWeather, The Weather Channel and WhatsApp Messenger. Nothing else shows up!.
  2. Now if I check for updates I get the following message:  "BlackBerry Desktop Software could not connect to the update server. There may be a problem with your network connection or the server is not responding. Please try again later". Now obviously I can connect to the internet and read my mail so the network is working fine!

So as to performing a clean reload, they do not apply as it seems its impossible to get that far.

Also I do not understand how the the carrier can determine what is loaded on ones phone. I have tried loading the device software with the SIM card installed and without it, same thing.

Or is it that I am doing something wrong?

I should perhaps mention that I am in Germany and my Carrier is eplus!

I am adding my original post, as I believe my problems are all connected:

Languages Missing

After reinstalling OS Software on 9800 I no longer have the languages that I had before e.g. German, French, Italian, Spanish,…don't get me wrong there are other languages, but the ones I need.

Using the BB Desktop Software I have looked in the Backup/Restore and Applications Folders, but no mention of Languages.

How can I get the others back? 

I  connected my 9800 to my Mac  OS  10.8.4  with the BlackBerry Desktop Software 2.4.0 for the first time. I made a backup and after that somehow my 9800 restarted and then a message came up on screen (Mac) that the device had not been put away correctly, then another message came up that the 9800 did not have an OS installed, it gave 3 options to install all 6.0.0 but with different bundles. I installed the recommended bundle. I have also tried the other bundles, with the same result, which is not the Languages that I require!

MOD EDIT: Subject changed to reflect a new topic

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: MAC Desktop Software not connecting

Hello nealpferd,

Thank you for your question regarding BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac and language support.

All language packs for BlackBerry smartphones are provided to BlackBerry smartphone users by the wireless service provider where the BlackBerry smartphone was purchased. The language packs are contained in the BlackBerry Device Software for the specific BlackBerry smartphone model and specific wireless service provider. 

Please refer to the following article regarding language support on your BlackBerry smartphone: 

How to obtain language packs for BlackBerry smartphones - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB13067

Regarding the "BlackBerry Desktop Software could not connect to the update server" message, do you know if your device is currently active on a BlackBerry Enterprise server or was at one point?

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!