Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve
My Carrier: C

MAC : blackberry deskopt software, after download, impossible to open it

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone !

I downloaded the blackberry desktop software for MAC ( on the blackberry website of course) but I can't open it . It doesn't work and I don't understand why . Can u help me please ??

Thank u so much for ur answers

Cel from France.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: MAC : blackberry deskopt software, after download, impossible to open it

What do you mean it does not work? The installer? There's a problem with the DMG file? Please elaborate; What steps do you take before something goes wrong and what, exactly, goes wrong.

New Contributor

thank u for ur answer Smiley Wink

I download the file on the blackberry site and after download, I can't open it, maybe because of "dmg" I don't know because I installed Skype and "dmg" doesn't create problems ! I mean Skype works even if it's "dmg".

Here is the link of the download: https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/quickdownload.do;jsessionid=40A3DEE99C85300AE88315B1418...

I just wanted to open the file but I can't. When I open it , an error occured, I can't read a message : "reason is " unknown" "

I have the same problem with this file: x-ringtone-maker-for-mac-fr.dmg

New Contributor

I mean I can read a message "an error occured and reason is unknown" not can'T ! mistake sorry

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

It appears that the DMG file may be corrupt. This rarely happens, but it happens. Unfortunately when trying to download the same file again any given browser, to save time, it will smack the DMG from its cache file to your designated download location so you end up with the same, corrupt file!

Here's the page to download a fresh copy: BlackBerry Desktop Software

Try using a different browser or attempt to log out and back in if you want to use the same browser– definitely clear the cache- it's usually an option within the browser's Preferences.

IF the error reoccurs you might wish to attempt to run Apple's /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility.app, select your hard drive from the menu then select the Verify Disk button in the lower right. If there's some error, especially in resource forks, it might be the cause of files having errors in them.