Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

SOLUTION!!!!! MAJOR PROBLEM WITH STORM! -- Custom Ring Tones Do NOT Vibrate or Go Silent

All of you try this ...

Go to "Sounds" button. Scroll all the way down to "Custom Profiles".  Click "Add Custom Profiles".  Name your Profile (I named mine All Silent)  After you name your Profile, click "Phone" or whatever you want to custom.  Then make Volume "Silent".  LED to "Normal Setting".  Vibration "On".  Don't forget to "Save" in the Blackberry Main Menu.  Go to a Contact with a Custom ringtone and change Volume, LED and Vibration to "Active Profile".  Again don't forget to Save.  That's it!  Whenever you're in church or meeting and just want to have the vibration but not the ringtone, change your "Sounds" to your Custom "silent" name profile.  Let me know how it goes. 

Contributor

Re: SOLUTION!!!!! MAJOR PROBLEM WITH STORM! -- Custom Ring Tones Do NOT Vibrate or Go Silent

worked fine until they hung up and then the ringer went off and the music played. VERY strange. what did I do wrong???
Contributor

Re: SOLUTION!!!!! MAJOR PROBLEM WITH STORM! -- Custom Ring Tones Do NOT Vibrate or Go Silent

I went back and checked everything and noticed that the custom ringtones volume were with numbers instead of active profile. I changed that and it works!!! I can't thank you enough. Silence is golden Smiley Happy

Thanks for walking me through this. You are a doll.

Notetaker  

New Contributor

Note:  Did you follow to the T?  Did you SAVE?  This is all I did and all I can say and will work.  Read and follow carefully the instructions.
New Contributor

No problem.  Glad I can help.  Enjoy your Storm Smiley Wink
Contributor

Hello again,

All has been going good, no ringtones....HOWEVER how in the world do you stop the ding when someone texts you and your on your custom profile for no rings????

Any ideas??? 

New Contributor

Re: MAJOR PROBLEM WITH STORM! -- Custom Ring Tones Do NOT Vibrate or Go Silent

Hi Phil,

I found some solution for the problem you stated providing you don’t assign custom ring tone to your contacts. What I did is delete the contact from your contact list and create new contact.

This way when your phone is on Silent or Vibrate you don’t receive annoying calls.

Hope it helps

New Contributor

Hi,

I found permanent solution for the problem you stated providing you don’t assign custom ring tone to your contacts. What I did is delete the contact from your contact list and create new contact.

This way when your phone is on Silent or Vibrate you don’t receive annoying calls.

Hope it helps
Contributor

yitaf24 wrote:

All of you try this ...

Go to "Sounds" button. Scroll all the way down to "Custom Profiles".  Click "Add Custom Profiles".  Name your Profile (I named mine All Silent)  After you name your Profile, click "Phone" or whatever you want to custom.  Then make Volume "Silent".  LED to "Normal Setting".  Vibration "On".  Don't forget to "Save" in the Blackberry Main Menu.  Go to a Contact with a Custom ringtone and change Volume, LED and Vibration to "Active Profile".  Again don't forget to Save.  That's it!  Whenever you're in church or meeting and just want to have the vibration but not the ringtone, change your "Sounds" to your Custom "silent" name profile.  Let me know how it goes. 

Okay, I did this and it is great.  But I have one more question...

Can you change the icon used for your custom sound profiles? For example, I would like my custom "Vibe" profile to use the little green waves (as on factory "Vibrate only"), rather than the gray asterisk it defaults to for all custom profiles.  I know this is being a little picky but it would really help is distinguishing between 2 different custom profiles.

Thanks!

Contributor

ok I have a new what I call "dummy" profile which allows no rings even the custom ringtone won't ring. Problem is if those text me, then I DO hear the text tone. I have lowered the sound on my phone during those times or shut off the phone. Any ideas on how to stop the text tones????