Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: orange
Accepted Solution

MAPI login failed: Cannot sync DM with Torch anymore

I have updated DM software to OS 6.0 Bundle 2949
When i try to synch, i get the following error
MAPI login failed: please run outlook with profile "outlook" selected and try again
I have the correct outlook profile selected. I could synch my Torch with earlier versions on BB DM software
I have downloaded a new version of DM from the BB website.
Nothing seems to correct this problem

Any advice?

Retired
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Re: MAPI login failed: Cannot sync DM with Torch anymore

When attempting to sync with the BlackBerry Desktop Software the following error message appears:

Mapi Logon Failed. Please run Outlook with the profile "profile name" selected and try again. 

Synchronization with Microsoft Office Outlook Connector and Outlook Mobile Service is not supported.

Microsoft Outlook 2003 and 2007 include an add-in feature called Microsoft Office Outlook Connector. This feature allows the configuration of MSN® Passport to connect to web-based email accounts, such as Windows Live™ Hotmail®. Microsoft Outlook 2007 includes an add-in feature called Outlook Mobile Service that allows the configuration of an email address to send Short Message Service (SMS) messages and Multimedia Messaging Services (MMS) messages to a mobile device.

Workaround 1

Remove the Microsoft Outlook Connector. For instructions on removing applications from a Windows based PC visit Microsoft Support.

Note: 
Removing the Outlook Connector will prevent/remove any Windows Live and Hotmail integrations.

Workaround 2

Create a new MAPI profile pointing to a new .pst file and configure the synchronization settings to use this new profile. For more information on MAPI profiles, see 

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Had the same problem with syncing a Bold 9650.. "MAPI Logon Failed. Please run Outlook with profile xxxxxx selected and try again" Coudn't get it to work with changing the profile. Taking Outlook Connector off wasn't an option. I fixed it by putting DM 6.0.0.40 back on my PC and works just fine again.
New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: orange

Thanks - i thought this would be the best solution and so it proved. Everything synching again :-)
My Device: torch 9860
My Carrier: sfr

Hello,, I am a French user who does not speak English very well. I have the same problem as you, and I break a big problem. if you could please you give me details on the method how you solved the problem. I am with windows 7 and outlook 2010. I have a BB 9860 with OS 7.1 torch pack 1149. thank you very much

My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: SFR

Hello,  I have encountered the same problem with the MAPI Logon Failed message.  Could you please describe how you downloaded version 6.0.0.40 and how you replaced the more recent version of the Desktop Manager?

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

I got it to fucntion by doing the following (Win7 OS):

1.  Go to control panel and uninstall the BB 7.0 desktop software.  Suggest you save/backup whats on your BB just for grins.

2.  Download a copy.  I found one at website http://www.4shared.com/get/9kFYRX-p/blackberry_desktop_software_61.html

3.  I downloaded 6.1.0.35 which works fine with my Bold 9650.

4.  Once downloaded, I installed the older version, adjusted the settings and it worked fine again.

Good luck.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I ended up having the uninstall 7 and re-install 6.1.  With all of these people having issues with the new upgrade, I don't understand why RIM/Blackberry doesn't fix this new version?

My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: SFR

Where did you find the 6.1 version to download?  I see many web sites that propose a download, but I'm not sure which are safe to use.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

NYJC wrote:

Where did you find the 6.1 version to download?  I see many web sites that propose a download, but I'm not sure which are safe to use.

"Safe" is, of course, a personal evaluation that one must make. All anyone else can do is provide you with options from which to choose. But, if it were me, I'd trust this one:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................