Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9310 Curve
My Carrier: Boost
Accepted Solution

MMS DELIVERY/READ/RETRIEVAL

Hello All!!

I have a BB 9310 Curve.wirh Boost Mobile. When sending MMS, does the receiver have to be in any coverage area (any carrier) before it can show delivered (check mark D) on sender's end? Meaning do they have to have a certain signal strength in order for it to be delivered and show on the sender's end?

Do they have to be on the same network as sender for the Read/Retrieved (check mark R) to show? 

When I look at the status report, why does it ALWAYS show my name as the retriever and NOT the person I sent the MMS to?

I always get the "check mark D" but never the the "check mark R".  So i don't know if they read it or retrieved it.

Is there an BB app that will let us know if it has been delivered, received, read, retrieved?

Please advise!! 

LCHORNE

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: MMS DELIVERY/READ/RETRIEVAL

LCHORNE wrote:

Hello All!!

I have a BB 9310 Curve.wirh Boost Mobile. When sending MMS, does the receiver have to be in any coverage area (any carrier) before it can show delivered (check mark D) on sender's end? Meaning do they have to have a certain signal strength in order for it to be delivered and show on the sender's end?

The received have to be in the coverage area and/or MMS service provisioned by the service provider. Even if he/she is not within the coverage area but if they move back in before the MMS delivery expiration period (set by the service provider) then they will receive MMS.

Do they have to be on the same network as sender for the Read/Retrieved (check mark R) to show? 

If your network provider supports interoperability for MMS among the networks then s/he can get it anyhow. Otherwise, have to be within the same network.

When I look at the status report, why does it ALWAYS show my name as the retriever and NOT the person I sent the MMS to?

I'm not clear about this. From where you see the status report?

I always get the "check mark D" but never the the "check mark R".  So i don't know if they read it or retrieved it.

In MMS settings (Text Message > Options) there is options for not allow sending Read Confirmation. If the recipient opts that then you won't be getting read (R) notifications.  

Is there an BB app that will let us know if it has been delivered, received, read, retrieved?

Please advise!! 

LCHORNE

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: 9310 Curve
My Carrier: Boost

Hello Tanzim!!

READ CONFIRMATION:

So when I send an MMS, the receipent can opt not to send the receipt when prompted? Im asking because I've MMS some people and nothing showed up but pic.  No prompt or information regarding sending a read receipt.

STATUS REPORT:

When open the MMS (checkmark D) and click on  BB menu button the the "Status Report" is already highlighted. Then when I click on "Status Reports", it shows MY NAME, retrieved, date and time.  I can't figure that one out all being that I created/sent the MMS.

Well I guess if it shows "DELIVERED" on my end then there is a great possibility it was received but opted not to send receipt.

Thanks Tanzim!!!! 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9310
My Carrier: Straight Talk

I have the same phone except through straight talk. Do you know why I can't receive text messages that I have subscribed to. Used to receive on old phone but it wasn't a BB. Any ideas?