Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310

MMS and hooking up to the computer

I have 2 questions

Blackberry 8310

Att Cingular

NO internet. (cause I live in the boondocks and cant get service at home...)

1.  okay, I have read about others not being able to send MMS messages.  And to go to options, advanced, host what ever and to register. 

I am attempting to do that now.

If I cant do it, is there another option?  Some pictures dont even give me a choice on MMS. they just say email.  I dont have it set up for email cause I am not on the internet.  I dont do internet cause I am not able to use it very often.  I am way in the country and use my BB as a calander, to do list, etc.

Can I somehow change the pictures to only send as SMS ( that might be a dumb question, as I dont know the differnce between SMS and MMS... but know on my old phones I always sent everything as SMS...) ?  I know I have gotten texts with a picture in them. So it does work....??

2.  I put that disk in my computer, it was a disaster. I had to go back and do the recover thing for my computer.  I would like to be able to get my pictures to my computer with out having to take out the card, put it in an adapter and put it in the computer. ( cause I KNOW I will break something on the phone eventually)  Can I not do that?  I dont care about syncing my outlook with it, or anything, I would just like to send music to the card and take the pictures off the phone.  Otherwise I am taking out the card daily. Smiley Sad

Thank you for any help you can give me. I really appriciate it.   

New Contributor

Re: MMS and hooking up to the computer

[ Edited ]

WHOO-HOO!!  I fiqured out how to connect to the computer without putting that software on my computer.  (I found it explained a few pages away, and THANK YOU to the people who explained it!!! Sorry I cant remember your names!!)

SO now I am just trying to make the SMS thing do pictures... ??

I have AT&T Cingular, and pay for a 200 text message plan.  I dont know if that does MMS or not. I'll be honest, I never used MMS on my old phones, I would just pick SMS, and send pics, and used to get videos, or moving gifs on there. plus lots of pictures.

I still need help with question number 1.

and if you are bound and determined to answer 2 questions, I have another --just for overacheavers! Smiley Happy

I have a BB Curve. Hubby has a BB curve.  Sister in law has a BB curve.

We can find each other with the bluetooth.  BUT cant send anything.  it will never work. they are found. everything is in pairing mode.  I dont understand what we are doing wrong.   I hesitate to get a headset for hubby because if I cant even make 2 phones talk I cant guarentee his headset thingy will stay connected all the time.  ??  

Message Edited by chellebyerly on 07-11-2008 01:11 AM
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8300 (EDGE) v4.5.0.182 (Platform 2.7.0.106)
My Carrier: ATT

I cannot comment on the MMS and SMS part of your question.

However, last night I read on this forum that you can connect your BB to your computer with the USB data cable.

It should appear under MY COMPUTER as a drive/storage device, and you select it and move your photos off the

BB.

Today I ordered a USB cable for my BB so I would no longer have to email photos from the camera to the computer, as

I had been doing. 

Maybe you could browse this forum back over the last week to read the original post. 

Curve8300 ATT
v4.5.0.182 (Platform 2.7.0.106)
New Contributor

I did find that post!! way way easy!! Smiley Happy When you do it your BB will ask you if you want it to be a mass storage device.. That had me throwed for a few minutes! LOL the computer wouldnt let me do anything.  I kept unplugging and replugging it thinking something was screwed up.  All the computer would let me do was remove it safely till I told the BB yes! LOL (blonde here....)

You didnt get a cord with yoru phone?  I have one that I got with the phone, but right now I am connected with the cord that I got wth my card reader.  I also can use the one that goes to my daughters sansa shaker and the one that goes to my poloriod camera.

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8300 (EDGE) v4.5.0.182 (Platform 2.7.0.106)
My Carrier: ATT

Lost my first reply by trying to add an emoticon!

If your family has Blackberries, why not set up Blackberry Messenger? I have ATT as my carrier, and it is on my phone.

However, it works only BETWEEN BLACKBERRIES, and none of my friends/family use one. Bummer. Check it out anyway.

Perhaps somewhere I have a USB data cable that came with the phone, just like I probably have a user's manual....but we go back and forth, south to north, and it is hard to know where tiny things get placed.  Sigh....so I just keep duplicates when I can.

As to using a cable just because it fits, I am afraid there could be a voltage/amperage difference which could harm my

BB. My Bluetooth Motorola earpiece has the same charging connector as the phone, but when I plug it into the phone by mistake, the tiny plug icon does not appear beside the battery.  So something is different and I am cautious.

Curve8300 ATT
v4.5.0.182 (Platform 2.7.0.106)
New Contributor

I never thought about differnt voltage or anything with a USB cord.... Hmmmm.. LOL  But i know what you mean about needing more than one of anything. The reason I am using the USB cord I am right now is because I have lost the other 3.  and I only ever use them RIGHT by this computer. .... go fiqure..

we all have AT&T too. BUT they all have the net and I dont.  I chose not to have it because as a SAHM I only go to town once to twice a week, (I do alot of work from home, and really LOVE the calander with 4 kids and a DH its a must that I have one, but especially LOVE the qwerty keyboard, and probebly have 45 notes in it. even my grocery list! LOL)  and I dont have service here at my house. So  for me it would be 30.00 a month wasted.  Hubby does have it, he drives a truck and so it makes sense. He had it on his old nonsmart phone too.   They are trying to convince me there is a need for it. But I cant see one right off.  If AT&T had a smaller package, I would jump all over it.

Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

well, I was able to find my MMS and bluetooth answers at crackberry.

But I would like to thank Moccosin for their help.  Smiley Happy  

Message Edited by chellebyerly on 07-11-2008 03:11 PM