Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

MMS messages on Blackberry Curve 8330

I send graphics from my phone to other cell phones and these graphics have movement.  They are actually Myspace graphics that glitter or twinkle, etc.  Anyway, these are items that I have saved on my Blackberry Curve 8330 and they do have the movement on my phone.  When I send them they have movement.  If I RECEIVE one of these from another cell phone they do not have movement. I can send one from my computer to my cell #@vzwpix.com and it works only when it comes from a phone (not a PDA) does it not work. Any suggestions as to why? 
Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: MMS messages on Blackberry Curve 8330

the images with movement you are talking are a special format of image. It is called GIF (as opposed to BMP or JPG). when you send an MMS with one, actualy you're sending a MMS with a GIF file attached. It works fine.
When you send from your PC an email, you send an email message with a GIF file atteched. It works fine.

When some phone sends you a GIF file attached to the MMS, you say it does not work.
Does it work when that person sends the same MMS to someone else ? Some carriers forbid the use of GIF (animated pictures) in MMS.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: MMS messages on Blackberry Curve 8330

That helps alot. And yes, when it is sent from a cell phone to another phone it does work.  It is only when it comes from a phone to my blackberry that it does not have the movement.  Your explanation makes sense and pretty much clears it up for me though.  I kind of figured it had to be something like that just did not know how to word it.