Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Classic - 10.31.1779
My Carrier: Cyta-Vodafone (Cyprus)
Accepted Solution

MMS pictures

Any one who can help would be very much appreciated.

If I receive a MMS message with a picture, I only get the text and have to go to my PC to view the PIC.

I have been to my provider who have given me the following,

Profile name:Cytamms

Data Bearer:GPRS

Access Point name: cytamobile

User name:user

Password: pass

Authentication: normal

Gate way IP address: 212.031.096.161

Homepage:http://mmsc.cyta.com.cy

Connection securitySmiley Surprisedff

I am not sure what all this means and really do not no where to go or how to change these settings,

If any one can help me set this up I would appreciate it.

Regards

David

________________________________________________________________________________________________
Can you please click on the KUDOS star if this was helpful and click on Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: MMS pictures

This happening as your SIM card is not provisioned for sending/receiving MMS. Call you carrier's support service and ask them to provsion you MMS service.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Super Contributor

Normally here in Cyprus you just phone Cyatnet up and with any other phone they can sort it out electronically for you.

They have told me that with a blackberry I would have to go to them which I have and was given a piece of paper with the above on. I assume to change the settings myself.

The problem I have is I do not no how to change the above settings.

If I get a mms here from a Cypriot phone the Pic comes through, if it comes for example from the Uk I don't.

regards

David

________________________________________________________________________________________________
Can you please click on the KUDOS star if this was helpful and click on Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.
Super Contributor

Just to let  people no that I have been back on to my provider and apparently it's normal here in Cyprus. You can receive pics internally no problem but Cytanet do not have agreements with other networks hence you only receive the text. We will have to keep going on line to view any pics from abroad.

Thanks anyway

David

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Thanks for sharing the info.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

We also had problems this site with MMS not working only to find out that the adminstrator has policy blocked MMS and WAP service books.
My Blackberry keeps blue screening on me.