Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

MULTIPLE PROBLEMS STILL WITH DESKTOP MANAGER 1.0.1

Could you please let me know if you are having the same problems with the new desktop manager for Mac 1.0.1.  (simply state the number on the list below - no need to write anything else)

I doubt very much anyone has a fix for the problems since RIM doesn't, but could you just post a quick reply identifying which of the following issues you're also having in the list below.  I Would like to prove to RIM how many people are having the same issues - I'm not so sure they realize how pervasive these issues are. Thanks

(1) Several fields in each contact in my Mac Address Book are not transferred to my Blackberry, for instance: the phone number category "Work 2", the phone number category "Other", the email category "home" - if there is two of them only one is transferred;

(2) It cuts off the end of the "Note" section in the Address Book contacts;

(3) The software crashes when syncing Entourage calendar;

(4)  The software severely retards the functioning of my other programs while syncing the Entourage calendar and it is necessary to restart my computer for normal function to resume;

(5) Calendar event alarms are removed from my blackberry even though they are active on my desktop; and

(6) Some recurring Calendar events are not transferred over to my Blackberry.

-----------------------------------------------
Lance
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8830 WE

Re: MULTIPLE PROBLEMS STILL WITH DESKTOP MANAGER 1.0.1

[ Edited ]

Noble effort, but this "survey" won't prove a darn thing.  In addition you are gathering no data about the other important parts of the equation...Like what Mac OS, what device OS, what other syncing software has been/is being used, what other software is running on the Mac, or the device...just way too many variables could effect the performance of the sync.  In addition, it is already known that there is field incompatibility between Address Book, Entourage, Outlook, BB..same goes for iCal, CICAL, google, etc.  What do you expect...they all develop their software independently and do not do it with the idea of being compatible with their competitor's programs.

Oh and I have none of those issues....

4.6.1.305 hybrid
Mac Pro 2X2.8 Quad SL
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

My issues are completely different than those you listed.

For me When I synched up I ended up with a ton of duplicate and outdated contacts on my 9630 Tour from Address Book that I can't Delete or Edit on my Tour. When I try the phone tells me the contact is updated externally. All changes will be lost and the browser closed. Thats it. Won't let me do a **bleep** thing with them.

New Contributor

I have only one problem that persists: events created or edited on my BlackBerry calendar don't get synced to my Mac. Changes made in iCal do get synced to my phone, and they don't overwrite the changes made on the phone. 

My problems are also different.  It was working for a while (a few weeks and maybe 4 syncs).  Now, it always gives an non-descript "Sync Error" message when trying to sync Contacts with Address Book on my MacBook running Mac OSX 10.5.8, and DTM 1.0.1.   I've UNinstalled it, REinstalled it, and can get it to sync with iCal, but not Address Book.

I've tried all sorts of possible solutions, like eliminating all the Groups in my address book and only having 1.  I've tried clearing the Blackberry data before syncing.  I've tried syncing both directions, and I've tried syncing with overwriting everying in the Blackberry.  None of those solutons works.   I also had problems with iCal, but got that to sync by clearing the calendar on the BB first, then syncing calendar alone (not with contacts).

I cant even express how disappointed I am with the Blackberry Destop Manager after waiting for more than year for it after PocketMac failed as a useless piece of code.   The limited setup features, and now its lack of any useful functionality has me ready to dump my Blackberry for an iPhone.   If that happens RIM, I won't be back, and I won't be advising any associates to stick with Blackberry.  I'm at the end of my consumer satisfaction, so you don't need to spend millions with J.D. Power to figure this one out.  Just make the **bleep** thing work with a MAC!  (Just in case anyone from RIM is lurking...you'd think at least one of those software guys would use a Mac?)!!

Regular Contributor

ever since the new update, my contacts and events duplicate, and i cant sync anything from the bb to the computer, just from computer to bb. 

www.whatsgoodblog.com
What's Good is your one stop site reviews about everything.

http://www.whatsgoodblog.com/featured/how-to-install-beta-os-or-other-carrier-os-on-blackberry-with-desktop-manager-for-mac/
New Contributor

I've simply stopped synching my bb with my Mac for the past 3 months.  The system is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!

iCal, Addressbook, even the music files gave grief for a while. I'm afraid to even connect the hardware to my computer at this point.  Since RIM can't get their act together on this I'm getting rid of this peice of junk!

Regular Contributor

I final ly got google sync to work and stop diplicating everything and I have moved over to that. The only thing I still use DM for is for backup and restore

www.whatsgoodblog.com
What's Good is your one stop site reviews about everything.

http://www.whatsgoodblog.com/featured/how-to-install-beta-os-or-other-carrier-os-on-blackberry-with-desktop-manager-for-mac/
Contributor

I have faced similar problems and like one of the previous replies, chosen to sync it essentially for backup.

I wonder if anyone from RIM is listening. 

The issue of duplicate entires in the calendar and incomplete address book data transfer has been a problem from the beginning.

The windows DM underwent on upgrade a while ago. Is there a DM for upgrade around the corner???

We certainly need it

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Believe it or not, even though it is 1.5 years after my initial post here, I am still having some of the same issues with my bb desktop manager for mac syncing my ical and contacts to my blackberry bold 9000.  It's crazy!

For instance, recurring event reminders that are active on ical do not appear on my blackberry calendar.

The "notes" section of my contacts is still getting cutoff on the blackberry when syncing.

Insane!!

-----------------------------------------------
Lance