Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9220
My Carrier: Idea

MY BB's software not updating

hi all i have this curve 9220 recenlty showed for and update available the details are as follows.

current s/w details
7.1 bundle 1137
update available
7.1 bundle 2012

its says its backing up my device ad after100% completion it simplt says there is a problem with my internet connection. but my connection isabsolutely perfect pls help!

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: MY BB's software not updating

Hello manirachutan

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you're having problem with Web based update of  your device OS then you should try a manual process to update your device software , to do that just follow those simple steps :

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Now Double Click  on the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

• Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.

4.Search your C: Drive for any Vendor.xml files and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your PC change your folders option to show hidden files / folders )  :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5. On your PC Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup using BlackBerry desktop

Software.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

theres is an issue here as well my device ain't showing up under my carrier. Device is 9220 carrier is idea.
i already have the latest desktop software.
Elite II

Hey manirachutan

You are free to use any Carrier OS , but if we use others then have to delete a few VENDOR .XML files from the location as suggested above . You can try Software from Redingtone India .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

well i did not find redintoe india in the list there if u can pls do vist the leink u just sent and tell where u found what u just told me here...
Elite II

Here is the link Software Download for Redington (India) Limited . But be sure you download the OS for the same device Model that your have i;e Curve 9220 from the list .

Try it and let us know if you feel any problem.

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9220
My Carrier: ncell

software download stuck always

please some one provide me a alternative download link coz official download always getting stuck at the middle of the process in both desktop manager and browser ( internet explorer microsoft edge and firefox ) even internet download manager can't download it  so please provide me a link to download other than official link

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: software download stuck always

tekpun wrote:

please some one provide me a alternative download link coz official download always getting stuck at the middle of the process in both desktop manager and browser ( internet explorer microsoft edge and firefox ) even internet download manager can't download it  so please provide me a link to download other than official link

Refer:

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................