Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BLACKBERRY BOLD 9650
My Carrier: SERVICE

MY BBB SERVICE NOT WORKING

AS I AHAVE ACTIVATED BB SERVICE ON MY PHONE BLACKBERRY BOLD 9650 SPRINT BUT IT IS NOT WORKING AND AS MY SIM CARD ON OTHER BLACKBERRY DEVICE IT IS WORKING NO ONE IS SUPPORTING ME PLS HELP WHATS THE REASON ITS NOT WORKING

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: MY BBB SERVICE NOT WORKING

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Well, first off, I wull have to parse your long punctuation-less sentence and see if I can figure out what you attempted to communicate. It's always easier to read with punctuation. So, if I have parsed it correctly, I think you have subscribed to some level of BB services from Sprint but they are not working...is that right? If so, how exactly do you know they are not working? What symptoms do you observe? What functions work and what do not? You see, if you could tell us a little bit more than "it is not working", we might be able to keep from guessing. Nevertheless, I will do so (guess).

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you will need to work with Sprint -- they are your only avenue for formal support. Look at it this way -- you pay them for services that they are not delivering to you.

Oh, one more thing:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................

Dear,

Thanks for your kind reply as my exact problem is whenever i sent register mes through host routing table it is not registered some one say your sprint phone data is locked and some people says your software is not updated but i cant trace exact problem

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

If you cannot receive the HRT message, then there is something wrong between your BB and Sprint. As your wireless service provider, it is they who must therefore resolve it. They can escalate into RIM for enhanced support if they need to. You have no other free method by which to receive support from RIM. Hence, I recommend you escalate with Sprint and request them to escalate into RIM if they cannot resolve it.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted

Dear all,

i came  to know what the exact problem is and i want solution if u can help me out my sprint is phone is from out of country as i am staying in india and my phone bold 9650 sprint support both cdma and gsm but i am using vodafone gsm and i cannot operate with cdma because it is needed to update software so just give me solution how can i update online software on my phone pls help i have purchased this for internet service which is not working pls help

Hall of Famer III

Hello again!

Well, that's certainly some new information...and changes things completely!

There's nothing to add to your BB per se. Using the BB-specific services is a matter of your carrier providing those to you. And there are some things that must happen for them to do so. The first is that you must be subscribed to an adequate data plan from them to enable all of the services you desire. See this FAQ for general reference:

With hundreds of carriers in the world with dozens of variations on that generic information, there's no way for us to know if you have an adequate data plan. You should decide on the services you want and then talk to the carrier about each specific service to ensure that the data plan you have includes those.

But...that's not the end of it. Activating those services on the BB is a matter of Service Books. SBs are pushed to the BB (by the carrier) when you subscribe to their plan to include them. But, they can typically only push SBs out for specific BB models that they directly support on their network. Bringing a non-supported model BB onto their network tends to prevent them from being able to push the SBs to you so as to activate the services. And getting the SBs otherwise is possible...but quite tricky.

I suggest you start with working directly with your carrier about all of this. Hopefully they will be willing and know how to get your BB fully activated. Otherwise, it may be difficult and indeed impossible to do so. Doing so on your own requires, in your hands, a BB that is fully activated on their network so that you can extract the SBs from it and put them onto yours...a tricky process indeed...

As for this "update software" that you feel you need, you will need to provide more information about exactly what they have told you...from those words, there is no update that I can think of that you could need (except for the Service Books, of course).

Good luck and let us know!