Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Mac Bookmarks

Hi,

Just downloaded all my bookmarks off my mac to my bb using pocketmac. All looks good and my bookmark headers are on my bb but thats it. The actual bookmarks i can't find. It shows: bookmarksBar with a + to the right of the heading. When I click on it all i get in a small box is: about or close. Any insite will be very helpful.

Thxs ahead of time,

Sandy 

Regular Contributor

Re: Mac Bookmarks

Hey I just checked mine and it seems I have the same issue although I know it worked a while back. I don't use it much and I'm not sure when the last time was however. Did you try re-installing the PocketMac add-on for the bookmark functionality?
Contributor

you know. . . I did try two more times and didnt get any further...Headers but still no addresses.
Regular Contributor
My Device: 8300

Hi, 

On BlackBerry devices that have a click-wheel, you can use the click-wheel to expand the items with a + next to them.

On BlackBerry devices that have a track-wheel, you can use the space key (that is, the one used to type a space, or a 0) to expand the items with a + next to them.

I'll make sure this is more clearly spelled out in future editions of the manual.

Hope this helps!

Anne 

---------------
Have a great day!
Anne M.
PocketMac Team
Direct support available for PocketMac for BlackBerry FREE at http://tinyurl.com/RIMsupport
Regular Contributor

Thanks for clearing that up. Perhaps the software guys might want to consider putting an Open or Expand command in the menu as well sicne that's how most other BB apps work and it's the intuitive choice (as evidenced by this thread).
Contributor

Hi Ann,

Well that almost works great. Of course now I'm able to get my bookmark address but when I click on those I'm not redirected to the website.  I'm I supposed to be able to do that?  if not this does not work the way it is supposed to.  Thank you for your help!.

Sandy 

Regular Contributor

Hi,

What is happening when you click on a bookmark?

Thank you,

Anne 

---------------
Have a great day!
Anne M.
PocketMac Team
Direct support available for PocketMac for BlackBerry FREE at http://tinyurl.com/RIMsupport
Contributor

When I click on it I get a box: open bookmark, about and close.. I click on open bookmark and nothing happens. I also tried the spacebar when the website is highlighted and nothing happens.

Thanks! 

Contributor

Anne,  If this doesn't work how can I delete the bookmark download?

Thxs again,

Sandy 

Regular Contributor

Hi,

I don't know offhand what would cause that, but I'll ask our engineers and support department to look into that for you.

In the meantime, should you choose to uninstall the bookmark application, it can be uninstalled just as you would any other software. Select the "Utilities" menu, the click on "Uninstall Software from Device". "Bookmark Manager" should be an entry in that window, and you can simply highlight it and click "OK".

Hope that helps!

Anne 

---------------
Have a great day!
Anne M.
PocketMac Team