Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Mac Bookmarks

Thank you Anne. . . Where is Utilities? 
Regular Contributor
My Device: 8300

Hi,

That's a menu within the PocketMac SyncManager application, the same application you use to synchronize your data to your BlackBerry.

Hope this helps,

Anne 

---------------
Have a great day!
Anne M.
PocketMac Team
Direct support available for PocketMac for BlackBerry FREE at http://tinyurl.com/RIMsupport
Contributor

Anne,

Where do I find Utilities?

Thxs, Sandy 

Regular Contributor

It's on the menu bar

PocketMacSyncManager   Devices   UTILITIES    Edit   Window   Help

Or, as they say in Customer Support "RTFM" 

Contributor

Sorry everybody.....I just can't seem to be able to uninstall the bookmarks feature...Hopefully, someone will be able to fix it so I can open my bookmarks, because I just can't figure out the deletion process...I found everything that you told me to look for but can't figure it out.

Thxs for everything,

Sandy 

Regular Contributor

I've tried re-installing the bookmarks and I'm not having any luck either. In fact I deleted and re-installed the entire PocketMac app to try and fix some syncing issues I have had however I'm still not able to do a sync.

FYI I did try to do the uninstall of the bookmark and it doesn't appear, perhaps because it's not a true 3rd party app?

Here's hoping that the rumours of a real RIM desktop app for Mac that surfaced this week are true.

Regular Contributor

Alternately try opening Options, then Advanced Options, then Applications. Once the applications list has been created press the menu key and select Modules. If you scroll down this list you will find a line that says BookmarkManager. I think this is the file that PocketMac installs when you set up their bookmark feature however I can't figure any way to actually delete it. I don't think it's actually considered an Application so you can't delete it the usual way nor with PocketMac. That doesn't help much but it's more info then we got from PocketMac about this.

Contributor

More info is good, but just not the right answer from PM to make it work..I couldn't figure out a way to delete the file either. . .It will absolutely be a great app when they do figure out how to make it work. We will just have to stay on top of this.
Regular Contributor

skidog - what Mac OS are you using, is your Mac PowerPC or Intel, and which version of PocketMac? (About This Mac in the  menu will tell you about your computer). Just curious because I've been having a number of issues with PocketMac 4.1.25 and OSX 10.5.5. I recently upgraded both (PM from v4.0.20b and the Mac OS from 10.4.11) and I'm think that there is something wrong either with PocketMac 4.1.25 or the way it interacts with OSX 10.5.
Contributor

Well, I am new to this forum and to blackberries as well, and this thread certainly applies to me.  Like skidog, I can navigate to the bookmarks, and click on one, but nothing happens.  I am running the latest PocketMac (since I only just downloaded it), and OS 10.5.5.  Maybe that is the problem? 

Hoping somebody can help!