Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Mac OS-X cant repair the disk "Blackberry 1"

The above message popped up after the latest version of BB desktop software froze (for at least 15 minutes) while attempting to sync my contacts, all options were greyed out while it was attempting to sync except for the blue progress bar in BB Desktop. After 20 mins all I could do was pull the USB from the phone which led to the warning.  The message continued "You can still open or copy files on the disk but you can't save changes to files on the disk". Back up the disk and reformat it as soon as you can".

Blackberry 1 is not the media card, which shows up as Blackberry 2 on Mac's Finder. BB 1 is the phone's internal memory itself. On the phone I've located under Options how to format the phone's internal storage. My data is backed up by Desktop software but I'm concerned to proceed in case I muck the whole thing up - can anyone give me guidance please?

(Phone is Bold 9900, BB OS7, i-Mac running OSX Lion, latest version of Desktop software downloaded yesterday (when the problem arose) Phone and computer both appear to be working ok as does my BB tablet)

Many thanks, Dave

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Mac OS-X cant repair the disk "Blackberry 1"

Hey davebutterworth,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

I can definitely help you out.  You're correct that "BlackBerry® 1" is the device memory.  Try removing the battery and place it back in and then connect it to the Mac and monitor the issue.

If the issue persists you may need to perform a security wipe on the BlackBerry®.  This will erase all data off the BlackBerry® so make sure you create a backup using BlackBerry® Desktop Software™.

Follow the steps in this article to perform the security wipe: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14058

Let me know if you have any more questions. Smiley Happy

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!