05-19-2008 05:07 PM
I finally got PocketMac program to work on my MAC - ahh-hh what a pain. Now I can get the Mac to see my Blackberry and dump info into the computer. However I can't dump changed information from iCal or Address book back into the Blackberry. I have tried changing the settings to merge and replace data...
Anybody have a clue as to why this is not working?
05-20-2008 10:35 AM
I can't even sync my mac and blackberry 8330. (Sprint) It keeps saying (error 1) Skipping.
I have downloaded driver updates for PocketMac and it still won't work. Do you have any suggestions to solve this.
06-06-2008 02:15 PM
DeJoy, I had the very same issue with my Mac and Sprint, I promptly returned the phone and got the Curve 8320 from T-Mobile, and boy am I glad I did! It works FLAWLESSLY.
I also purchased the Missing Sync http://www.missingsync.com/ for Blackberry, and this too is FLAWLESS and works great.
With sprint's disk they gave you, they are all corrupt, that's why you get the skipping error. I got the very same disk from Tmobile and it worked just fine. 26 phone calls to Sprint support (mostly in India, where they understand NOTHING), 6-1/2 hours on the phone trying to get it to work, I finally brought it back to the local store and demanded a FULL refund.
Even with the disk from Tmobile, the desktop manager, where you coordinate music, calendar etc., is not supported, so you need a 3rd party software. It's a $40 charge, but WELL worth it in terms of ease of use.
I love it and highly recommend it.
06-13-2008 03:37 PM
I see 2 issues in the messages above, and they have different solutions.
First: Error 1 Skipping:
There is a solution for this. First, visit the download page: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/mac.
and start the download process again. As you move to the download screen, select PocketMac V4.0.20b for BlackBerry. Then, on the next screen, you have two program choices to download.
You have probably already downloaded the first one, under the heading "PocketMac v4.0.20b for BlackBerry." If you have erased it, go ahead and download it again.
Since you have one of the newest devices (like the 8110, 8120, 8130, 8310 or 8330), you may also need to download the patch that allows you to connect to those as well. That patch is on the same page, under the heading, "PocketMac Driver update -- DriverUpdate.dmg."
1. IMPORTANT: Disconnect your BlackBerry from your Macintosh. Quit PocketMac
2. If you uninstalled PocketMac for BlackBerry, reinstall the main program now.
3. When the installer is finished, you will be prompted to restart. DO NOT click the restart button.
4. Install the Driver Update file please, this installer will complete very quickly.
5. Finally, restart the Macintosh now that the software application and driver updater installers have been completed.
After the restart is complete, please launch PocketMac for Blackberry, then plug-in your BlackBerry handheld. Click the Sync button to begin the synchronization session.
Second: Syncing only one way, from BlackBerry device to Mac
I've seen this in 2 situations:
1. Most commonly, the BlackBerry is set up to sync with BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) at the office, and won't take data from the home Mac.
If that is the case, you need to know that BES blocks outside syncing. To override that, you may open your Calendar (contacts, tasks, memopad) and bring up the Menu. Locate the BES Synchronization option, and change it. Turn it OFF and save the new setting. Now you can sync with your Mac using PocketMac.
Just remember to turn it back on again when you are ready to resume synciing with the office.
2. In PocketMac, you can actually change the Preferences inside each area you want to sync. You can tell it to only sync from the BlackBerry to the Mac, or vice versa, and that allows you to make the Mac, or the BlackBerry, the "master" and wipe out the other data. You should only do this if you are confident the Mac or the BlackBerry is always secondary. Most users should use 2-way syncing for best results.
And of course, any other questions arise, support is FREE at PocketMac on our web site (url below).