Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Mac users DO NOT use this Desktop software! it will cause hours of heartache

I have exactly the same issue with a Bold and have still to find any option to resolve the issue other than to entirely wipe the device and go through the tiresome process of reinstalling and updating everything to the way i had it.

I am utterly furious with myself for trusting RIM to release a desktop option for Mac users. I choose a Blackberry for its push email and i love the device very much, even despite Initially going through 6 Bolds until i received a new one from Vodafone UK that was not reconditioned and finally worked properly. Since then everything has been fine until this amateur attempt at writing software for Mac users.

I don't have a lot of time to myself and i can think of nothing worse than spending the little time i have searching through endless ill concieved solutions that simply do not work. Just by plugging in my Bold and hitting sync has destroyed my contacts, ringtones and other settings. Why bother to release software until it is entirely tested? Why would you want to put your customers through this demorolising procedure which does nothing more than further emphasise your true lack of interest in supporting anything Mac. I dont want an iphone, i believe that your phones aresuperior for business users like myself.

Please, please, if you are a Mac user DO NOT use this software unless you really want to go through hell just trying to get it back to the customised form you spent loving hours to get right. It destroys your address book and other elements and not one solution posted anywhere on the Blackberry web site works. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

The reason i am a Mac users is because i need a reliable hardware/software solution that works out of the box. It is entirely obvious that RIM havent quite realised the long term benefits of this really very simple idea!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Mac users DO NOT use this Desktop software! it will cause hours of heartache

well, I attempted to use it, but I initially just tried syncing just the tasks and it would not do that!  so I gave up and uninstalled.  

I now have been trying to sync with pockmac but that also has issues.

Only reason I am not going to get an iphone, is that I really need to sync with entourage and I use notes on it extensively. and I don't think you can sync an iphone with entourage notes?

can't win can we?

New Contributor

Re: Mac users DO NOT use this Desktop software! it will cause hours of heartache

thecount wrote:

well, I attempted to use it, but I initially just tried syncing just the tasks and it would not do that!  so I gave up and uninstalled.  

I now have been trying to sync with pockmac but that also has issues.

Only reason I am not going to get an iphone, is that I really need to sync with entourage and I use notes on it extensively. and I don't think you can sync an iphone with entourage notes?

can't win can we?

this was one reason i've been sticking with the blackberry as well. it appears though that now you can... http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1670

i really have liked my blackberry, and have been waiting for this software for some time now, but if this is rims idea of a client i have no choice but to go to the iphone...