Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Mail / Hotmail question

New here and tried searching first but couldn't find anything.  My wife and I just switched to our first blackberries (9530 with Verizon) and we're having some growing pains.  Many of them I can figure out but one has me stumped.  Last night (only had the phone for a little over a day), some really old emails (from hotmail) showed up on her phone.  Any idea why this would happen?  They were mostly old 'password request' messages from years ago.  Just curious.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Mail / Hotmail question

Have you moved those old emails to inbox from any other folder?

If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

I can't guarantee that they weren't moved (this is my wife's account / phone) but my understanding is that nothing was done to them and they just showed up as new messages on the phone....but they were still dated with the old dates.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

It's hard to be positive since we can't see this. But, it has happened in the past that email providers and/or BIS have had hiccups, resulting in old emails coming back. This happened earlier this year and some were receiving hundreds of old emails, so a few doesn't feel so bad in that context! Basically, keep a watch on it and if it becomes truly problematic, let us know and perhaps we can suggest some further remedy attempts.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I had the same thing happen....an email I sent over a week ago to my wife showed up in her mailbox 4:30am sat morning...I'm not sure if it was a resend or a late delivery because I had since deleted my inbox and sent box....caused me quite a proble because she thought I was emailing someone from work at 430am and that I mistakenly sent it to her.   I'd like to be able to prove I didnt send anything....I wasnt even awake at that time lol....It showe up in my hotmail account online as being sent at 43oam but my BB had no sent messages.  I heard that Blackberry service was actually down between 2 and 6am...is that true...I guess that would prove it was impossible to have sent anything at that time....can anyone help?
Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Hey Yngwie77, do you have Veizon service? I do and last Saturday morning I just happen to be up at 4 am and about 4:30 I heard an email on my bb. It was a friend of mine. I couldn't believe that she would be up and then I noticed that the date was 9-22-09. It was a test she sent when she got her bb. I never received it until Saturday. I seen her later in the day and asked her about it and she assured me that she was not up at that time...lol. I thought it was odd, but no big deal really....Maybe this will help you out....

Have a great night!

Verizon Wireless
Storm 9530