Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Mail Marked with Quick Flags (follow up) in Outlook, Tasks - TO-DO LIST - Not SYNCING

This question goes for Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007

I'm currnetly using outlook 2007

In Outlook I store mail marked with "quick flags" (follow-up). Outlook shows theses flagged emails under Tasks \ To-Do List. To-Do list is under TASKS in outlook, but does not sync with Blackberry.

I use Desktop Manager 4.7 to synchronize outlook and my blackberry curve 8330 (calendar, memos, tasks and contacts). The behaviour of task synchronization makes that only task appears on my blackberry but not the flagged mails.

I guess what i'm asking, is it possible to synchronize the complete outlook to-do list with my blackberry?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Mail Marked with Quick Flags (follow up) in Outlook, Tasks - TO-DO LIST - Not SYNCING

hello,

for emails : the follow up flag is not seen by the Blackberry device.
for tasks : you can synchronize tasks items with your Blackberry device.

for emails with a follow up into tasks : they are not part of the task list. Outlook just displays them in the task list for convenience. so they won't synchronize in the Blackberry tasks.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Re: Mail Marked with Quick Flags (follow up) in Outlook, Tasks - TO-DO LIST - Not SYNCING

Thanks for the info, how good would it be to have Flagged mail show up in tasks.  Composing indiviudal tasks after reading each of my emails, would take way to much time.  I hope Blackberry adds this feature in teh future.

Thanks again for the post, at least I dont have to waste time trying to find out if it can do this.

Guru I

If I were you, I'd better try and find another way rather than wait for RIM to do something like that. I doubt it will ever happen.

BUT

I think you can find dozens of add-ons for Outlook that integrate in the emails section, and that on one click will create a true task from the message you are reading.
Then that task will be synchronized with your device.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

I think you can find dozens of add-ons for Outlook that integrate in the emails section, and that on one click will create a true task from the message you are reading.
Then that task will be synchronized with your device.

Can you provide me with any details on these add'ons for outlook.  My CEO wants to have this ability (sync follow up items to task list) and I am at a loss for were to find this ability.

Thanks in advance!

Guru I

Outlook already provides that feature (depends on the version of Outlook I guess) :

https://www.officecalendar.com/news/2006April4_convert_emails_to_appts.aspx

otherwise there is a macro that does the same :
http://www.paraesthesia.com/archive/2007/07/10/convert-an-outlook-message-into-a-task.aspx