Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Mailboxes and security

Okay here we go again. I have 3 mailboxes on my Curve and they are all out in the open. Of course I can hide them but what if I wanted to require a password before any of them could be opened. Let's say I receive a message at one of them but I'm not around so a friend picks up my device, opens the mailbox and reads the mail (note I don't necessarily want a system wide password). Is there a way that when you try to open the mailbox a password is asked for before you can read a message it may contain? thx.
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Mailboxes and security

No there isn't. You can only set a system wide password to protect your BlackBerry.

To do that go into Options | Security Options | General Settings and set the password.

It's recommened that you do that because if you ever lose the device and it has the password set, it will erase all your data when the wro.ng password is input 10 times

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.