Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Orange

Major Alerts Problem

My Vibrate, nor my Sound profiles work. All that happens is the flashing light.

Neither does my alarm work when I set it - I just get the Dismiss or Snooze Buttons

I need this to work for Monday. Please help
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Major Alerts Problem

Please restart the phone by removing and placing the battery back while the device is ON. This process fixes the application modules in it without losing any data stored. Let us know if you still experience the issue after this.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Contributor

How do you mean inserting the battery while the phone is on?

I can take it out while it's on, but I when I take the battery out, it turns off
Forums Veteran I

Ronbob wrote:

Please restart the phone by removing and placing the battery back while the device is ON. This process fixes the application modules in it without losing any data stored. Let us know if you still experience the issue after this.

Ron

That's how you do the hard reboot:

Restart the phone by - remove and place the battery back while the device is ON. 

Please try not to complicate things, I know you can understand it and its gramatically correct.

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Contributor

Sorry if you think I'm over-complicating things but I'm unsure what you mean by "place the battery back while the device. Still on'

Because when I take my battery out (as you told me to) the phone goes off, thus meaning that when I put it back in, it's not on!

Or do you mean, taking the back off my phone, taking out the battery and just putting it back in?

Thanks
Forums Veteran I

it's not just "place the battery back..." but "remove and replace while the device is ON"

For your understanding, Please remove the battery while the device is ON then place it back after a few seconds.

Contributor

Right, I understand You know Smiley Happy

Tried that, brought up the Reset screen, everything loaded - but still the vibrate, alarm etc still don't work!
Forums Veteran I

Has there been any changes you made to it recently?

Contributor

No - the most recent change would have been installing the Opera Mini browser.

I did upgrade it to OS 7.1 months ago - but the stuff only stopped working a day or two ago
Regular Contributor
My Device: curve 8900
My Carrier: INDOSAT

try change your profile to run music or popular ringtone to check this..