Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: ufone - pakistan

Major issues with Torch 9860

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and i have been facing problems with my new torch ever since i got it. first i want to say that its a great phone and once the issues go away i am sure i am really going to enjoy it. 

I got this phone as a gift, my brother got it from China. i am located in Pakistan and the carrier i am using is UFONE. when i first opened the box and put in the SIM, everything worked fine like a blaze, i had EDGE, i got the message that your handset has been registered with the wireless network, host routing table entries everything was great, but that was short lived as i connected the phone to DTM and found an OS update my carrier supported. Hence i upgraded, and ever since its now edge and host routing table entries are empty. i have tried everything from hard reboots to down grading OS, checking data services, everything, but the issues still persists. i have tried contacting my service provider and they are clueless too. i have googled and searched crackberry as well but to no avail. The handset is unlocked and everything else works perfectly.

my questions are 1) is there something wrong with my phone ? 2) how can i, if at all, resolve this issue? 3) is there any way to contact RIM tech directly ? 4) is there anyway i can force install the HRT using my computer ?

any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Saud