Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Malicious software on blackberry???

Hello,

I am blackberry user for many years, using a 8800 for the last 12 months now (not using bes, but access via imap only). Yesterday I encountered a stunning issue which I couldn't get solved so far. 

Seems like the bb received many (approx. 60) emails in very short time from same sender. Although I did not open these mails and deleted all at once (bb and inbox), it seems that my device caught something. When it is switched on, it looks like some application is running in the background. Creating many emails at a time, switching between applications etc. Usage of the bb is impossible, as any user entry leads to malfunction - e.g. I would like to open/send text message. While entering the message, addressbook gets called up. Emails get written. Even if I do not touch the device, applications are being called up, screen is switching between different application, etc. Almost like a programme/script is using my machine. REstarting the device, taking out battery for several hours, download & new firmware are the things I have tried so far - unfortunatly without success. Provider is T-Mobile (Germany).

Interesting is to know, that these awkward things are happening only, when sim card is in place and I am logged in. Using the blackberry without sim card, does not produce the effects mentioned above.

Any help is very much appreciated! Many thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Malicious software on blackberry???

Try removing the OS and re-installing the latest:

To download and install BlackBerry Device Software, complete the following steps:

1. Navigate to http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp and select the appropriate service provider's download page.
  2. Select the appropriate BlackBerry Device Software and save it to a computer.
  3. If BlackBerry Desktop Manager is open, close it.
  4. Install the BlackBerry Device Software. For instructions, see KB03621.

Additional Info

To confirm that BlackBerry Device Software was successfully installed, complete the following steps:

1. In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, select Help > About Desktop Manager > Device Software.
  2. Check that the correct version of BlackBerry Device Software appears in the list.

Note: The correct version of BlackBerry Device Software for each specific BlackBerry smartphone must be downloaded. Otherwise, the application loader tool will not recognize the software.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Malicious software on blackberry???

Many thanks for the comprehensive guide. Unfortunatly updating the OS did not solve the problem.

I have contact my service provider. They will exchange the device the upcoming day.

Regards